Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Wassail in a Jar is like gifting a cozy cup of heart warming goodness and a dreamy scented candle all in one! Your loved ones will remember you for hours after they brew it up!
My mind has been going and going thinking of all the fun gifts that would be perfect for the pressure cooker fanatics in your life. Today is Pressure Cooker Wassail in a Jar.
I simply took my favorite Pressure Cooker Wassail of all time and stuffed all those amazing, aromatic ingredients into a jar. All that's left for the gift-ee to do is dump the ingredients into the pressure cooker pot, add orange juice, and apple juice, cook, strain, drink!
Have I mentioned the smell yet? My goodness, it is glorious.
Simple, inexpensive, unexpected, and delicious.
Plus, if your loved one doesn't want to use it right away, they can throw the jar into the freezer for another time!
Check back tomorrow for more homemade gifts, perfect for all your pressure cooker lovin' friends!
Be sure to check out this the other gift ideas
Gift Guide for the Electric Pressure Cooker Obsessed
Pressure Cooker Crio Bru in a Jar
Pressure Cooker Elderberry Juice in a Jar
Pressure Cooker Steel Cut Oats in a Jar
TOOLS USED TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER WASSAIL IN A JAR
Instant Pot or
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Gift Guide: Pressure Cooker Wassail in a Jar
Show your loved ones you care with a big cup of warm, spice filled Wassail, all packed up in a Mason Jar and ready to brew at any moment!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Mason Jar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 orange, pith cut off and discarded, then sliced
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 lemons, pith cut off and discarded, then sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and cut into discs
- 2 vanilla beans, split and cut into 1 inch pieces (can omit or substitute with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract)
To add later
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 cups orange juice
For the Mason Jar
- Layer the ingredients in the following order: orange slices, lemon slices, orange and lemon zest, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla.
- Top with lid. Tie a ribbon around the jar, top it with a bow, or place it in a gift bag.
Include the following directions with the jar:
- Place Mason jar contents into the pressure cooker pot. Add 8 cups apple cider and 4 cups orange juice. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a 10 minute natural release.
- Carefully pour wassail through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Rinse out pressure cooker pot then pour wassail back inside. Keep Wassail hot by turning on the warm function or the slow cooker low function. Serve hot.
- Optional: Use within 4 days of receiving the gift or place in the freezer for another time.
Keywords: pressure cooker, instant pot, wassail, holiday drink
“Merry Christmas to you—and to you some wassail, too!”
Wassil is one of my very favorite Christmas scents. My mom used to make it. Love it!
I’m absolutely making this for Christmas!!!
This looks like it would smell and taste heavenly! Can’t wait to try!
Heaven in a Jar
Oh, the yummy aroma of this. I’ll be making this over the wknd.
Tag: Comfort & Joy!!
Tag: “Enjoy walking in a winter “wassailland” this Christmas” Merry Christmas!
Let’s be scentsible this Christmas.
I’m bringing our IP to my parents house for easy Christmas week cooking, I’ll have to brew this up for everyone. Better bring another sealing ring so I donend up with roast duck flavored Wassail!
Not so sure about using this as a gift but I’m going to make it for our family on Christmas Eve!
Open up to enjoy the sights and sounds of the wassailing season!
For this tag I would write on it…”Wassails the fuss?…Merry Christmas!”
Wassail my wassail how I love thee. Tis better to share than to keep thee all for myself. Enjoy.
Lisa Green says
Imagining the aroma when the jar opens…. I bet it’s incredible! Can’t wait to try this!
Anita Ellison says
I got an “enjoy” just looking at the photo! Will make a very nice gift.
JULIE SCHUHMACHERR says
I’d never heard of it before! Not only does it look fabulous, it sounds delish! Another one to try!
A Toast To A New Year
Yummy and beautiful!
Looks delicious! I think the Wassail the fuss about? idea was just fantastic 🙂
This definitely needs a label that says “here we go a wassailing”
What a fun gift idea! I’ve had my pressure cooker for several month and have been a little intimidated to use it. You have inspired me to pull it out and give it a try!
This is a wonderful idea, for myself or gift giving!
I cannot wait to try this! The taste combination sounds amazing!
This sounds delicious! I feel the warmth already.
“Why sail into your belly? Cause it’s delishisly Christmasy!”
Diane Corder says
Wassail the fuss about? Try it and see!
On the tag put…”Heaven”in a jar? —Wassail it is!!
Susan Lehto-Lavin says