Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with sausage, butternut squash, and spinach, topped with an irresistible ricotta cheese mix.
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound ground Italian turkey sausage (I use the 5-pack of sausages in a casing — just squeeze meat from the casing and discard casing — see note for more options)
- 1 small yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups butternut squash cubes (about ½-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6–8 lasagna noodles (regular, whole wheat, or brown rice) broken into 1–2 inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spinach
For Cheese Topping
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Select sauté on the pressure cooker. Add sausage and onion. Crumble and sauté until sausage is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Scatter butternut squash over sausage. Add seasonings on top of the squash. Scatter broken lasagna pieces over the squash. Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth, then crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. DO NOT STIR.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- While the soup cooks, make the Cheese Topping by stirring all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Stir the spinach into the soup to wilt.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth for a thinner soup.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with a scoop of cheese topping.
- My favorite sausage is raw Italian turkey sausage that comes in a casing. They are in a 5-pack in the meat department. You can cut the casing off or just squeeze the meat into the pot. Pork sausage will also work, but will make a greasier broth. You can also use the tube of Jennie-O turkey sausage.
- I prefer 6 lasagna noodles, but if you like extra noodles go with 8 or more.
- The layering of the food in the pot is important; follow it exactly!
Keywords: Instant Pot Lasagna Soup, Instant Pot Soup, Healthy Soup Recipe