- Pour 1/4 cup water into the pressure cooker pot. Add chicken breasts to the pot, placing them in a single layer across the bottom as much as possible.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt cumin, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, and honey. Pour over the chicken, do not stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your toppings (roast veggies, chop avocado, grate cheese, make rice, etc – see notes)
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Move the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks or place it in a food processor and pulse a few times for a smaller dice, being careful not to overprocess it to the point that it turns to mush.
- Note: For more spice, shred the chipotle peppers into the chicken. For a mild version, remove the peppers and serve on the side to people who like it spicy.
- Return shredded chicken to the pot and stir into the sauce.
- Optional: Add heavy cream to the liquid in the pot for a silkier, mild sauce.
To make a Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- Put a scoop of rice in a bowl, top with shredded chicken and your favorite toppings.
- Place a freezer safe ziplock inside the pressure cooker pot. Arrange the chicken in a single layer with the other ingredients in step 2. Seal the bag and freeze inside pressure cooker pot until solid, then remove the bag from the pot, place bag in the freezer until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, add 1/4 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot. Remove chicken and other ingredients from ziplock and place inside the pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes, proceed with remaining directions.