Chai Crio Bru
Cozy Chai Spiced Crio Bru to warm you up from head to toe. This could be your new favorite flavor!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup Crio Bru (any variety)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 inch fresh ginger, cut into thin rounds or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn or ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 whole cloves or ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 6 cardamom pods or 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add Crio Bru grounds, water, milk, and maple syrup (if using), ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, and cardamom to the pressure cooker pot.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for at least 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds. Be careful! The Crio Bru will be VERY hot.
- Serve immediately with swirl of heavy cream or creamer if desired.
- Cool leftovers to room temperature. Pour into mason jars, top with a pourable lid, and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy cold or pour into a microwave safe mug and warm for 1-2 minutes.
- There are many different flavors of Crio Bru, use the same cooking instructions for any variety of Crio Bru grounds.
- I prefer to drink mine unsweetened, my kids prefer the addition of maple syrup. White sugar also works. Honey tastes a little strange.
- Any type of milk will work in this recipe. If using cow’s milk, wait to add it until after the Crio Bru grounds are strained. It tends to foam when pressure cooked and can make a mess on the underside of the lid.
- I prefer to use whole spices for this recipe, but dried and ground can also be used. Expect a bit more sediment when using ground.
Keywords: Chai Crio Bru, Healthy Chocolate Drink, Hot Chocolate